Tuesday, August 28, 2007

WAMBA..what????

Initially I was admitted to the evening MBA program at SCU. My dear wife however convinced me to join the weekend MBA program as it involved commute on Saturdays. At around the same time, I was informed that SCU had substituted the traditional weekend program with an accelerated MBA program (WAMBA for short). The program completes in two years (as against 3 years in most traditional part time programs), a definite plus for me. The other big advantage of this program is that this is a cohort-based program, so the same class will be sticking together for 2 years. The disadvantage of this program lies in its inflexibility in choosing classes or professors. The choice, in effect has been made for you. I was OK with that because the last thing I wanted to do is spend a whole lot of time trying to figure out what class makes sense and what does not. As you can see, I have fairly broad post MBA goals, something that does not need super specialization.

No comments: